1. What benefits do stretch tents have over traditional tent styles? One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a tent for an event is setup time. Rigging a stretch tent for a trained and experienced crew is simple and swift. Since our tents require no machinery and minimal equipment we are able to transform a venue very quickly. Add to this the fact that stretch tent membranes are light weight, easy to transport and maintain and are available in just about any colour imaginable and their real value becomes apparant.
2. How is it possible that a single tent can have multiple configurations. Unlike other tent styles a stretch tent takes its shape from how the tent is staked and where its’ poles are positioned. Since both the positioning and the height of the poles are variable the permutations of shapes and configurations is endless. By pinning some sides close to the ground and others flared up and open one can shape the tent to suit both the space available and the aesthetic of the landscape. Entrances can be positioned to accommodate any layout and should event requirements, or the weather, change, modifications are quick and painless. Tents can be rigged off existing structures, over decks and swimming pools and can be joined together to cover unique or irregular areas. Stretch tents have not only challenged what is possible in traditional venues, their versatility and portability have opened up of host of venues never before considered as potential sites for events of any kind.
3. What are the limitations of stretch tents? The only real limitation to stretch tents is the ingenuity of its riggers. While the ability to sculpt a shape securely and creatively to suit the uniqueness of a venue takes experience and training the mechanics of setting up a stretch tent is relatively simple and similar to most tent styles, after all its still stakes, poles and ropes. Like with all tents safety remains a vital consideration and although it is possible to join many tents together our extensive experience has led us to limit size to a maximum of 2700m2 for a single structure.
4. What makes stretch tent fabric so special? The most important factor in stretch fabric is its ability to recover to its’ original shape and dimensions once the load has been removed. Stretch memory as we call it needs to remain consistent over the entire lifespan of the tent. Similarly achieving the requisite stretch can have no impact on either the waterproofing or on the seam strength and integrity of the fabric. The fabric in our tents has been ten years in the making and retains all the vital characteristics of traditional PVC whilst still having sufficient flex and memory to unlock their real potential.
5. Is a stretch tent more costly for an event or for a rental company? There is no doubt that stretch tents present a host of potential savings. Equipment and labour requirements are significantly smaller. Setup and strike times can be massively reduced. Maintenance is simple and cost effective. Not only is one of our tents a striking and gorgeous alternative to a traditional frame or pole tent they afford the client an array of choice and setup options unheard of until now. Awkward sites with limited access or steep gradients suddenly become feasible and affordable. Flexibility onsite with the positioning of poles, entrances and stakes allows us to solve unexpected problems or avoid unforeseen hazards effortlessly. Tents can be shaped and positioned to make the most of a particular view or feature or of course hide something unsightly.
6. What kinds of events are suitable for a stretch tent? From weddings to sporting events to corporate and government functions. From music festivals to school plays and decadent private parties stretch tents have brought their unique blend of style and dynamism to all manner of occasions. Stretch tents are a viable alternative to other tent styles in almost every facet of outdoor eventing.